Reynoldsburg and Pataskala Community Information

Central Ohio is brimming with history and Reynoldsburg and Pataskala are no exception. James and Martha Crawford were the first pioneer settlers in the Reynoldsburg area in 1802. The town was named after James C. Reynolds, who had the pioneer spirit to recognize opportunities and create progress in the area. The town was active in the “Underground Railroad” during the Civil War as townsfolk helped fugitive slaves find freedom. Alexander W. Livingston was a Reynoldsburg native and the founder of the Paragon variety of tomatoes. Richard Conine was the “Father of Pataskala,” although David Heron was the first settler. Conine built the first grist mill and later platted a village originally called Conine. Pataskala was incorporated in 1891.

Today, Reynoldsburg is a small, attractive city with a stable economy, dynamic neighborhoods and an outstanding quality of life. More than 250 acres are used for quality area parks including Kennedy, Quarry, Rodebaugh and Huber parks. Civic Park is home of the annual Reynoldsburg Tomato Festival and Blacklick Woods Metropolitan Park includes a 36-hole golf course, a four-mile jogging and bike path, four miles of marked trails, playgrounds and picnic facilities. Pataskala has two parks within its boundaries including Foundation Park and Pataskala Lions Park, the site of the Southwest Licking Little League and Pony League playing fields.

The Livingston House, home to renowned horticulturist Alexander W. Livingston and a historic landmark in Reynoldsburg, and The Reynoldsburg-Truro Historical Society and Museum, are interesting local attractions. Pataskala is home of the Highlands Golf Club, a private 18-hole championship course and Cumberland Trails Golf Course one of Ohio’s 10 best public courses.

Both Reynoldsburg and Pataskala are in close proximity to Columbus, a major city with extensive arts and culture, professional sports, quality entertainment and fine dining.